Hidden Meanings

I haven't written one of these kinds of posts in a long time--the kind that are just words and things I am thinking. I have been contemplating a lot lately how there is something good to find all around us. Yesterday I was reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to Lucy and was thinking about how many lessons there are to be learned in such a simple things as children's books, even if they may seem mundane or silly. It wasn't the first time that a children's book taught me something on a deeper level. I was thinking about how repetitive the book is, how persistent Sam is and how in the end of the book, the thing that Sam had been wanting all along happened. I know this might seem silly to you all, but to me, I realized that repetition and persistence can be the key for so many challenges, frustrations, things that I want but are happening as quickly as I would like them to happen. So I am going to remember the next time I get frustrated with something, "Keep going. Try again. And again. And again. And be patient with the process." I have the hope that my persistence will pay off, even if I am persistent for 2 weeks and lose track of my goal and fall back again, and have to start over as it seems.

Comments

Taffy and Tony said…
Thanks for the reminder. Now nearing the end of week 3 of potty-training, I need to remember this!
Erin said…
So true. Its amazing what we can learn from the simple things in life. Thanks for always helping me feel better as a mom and person:)Glad my ramblings are helpful!
Jamie said…
Thanks Jen! I love this book (and LOVE finding meaning in obscure places)! I'm glad I'm not the only one:) Can't WAIT to see you next week!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jumping Back In!

He is here!

Ramblings.